Fully Vaccinated Americans Can Enter Canada For Non-Essential Reasons From August 9
The COVID-19 situation in Canada must remain stable until then, though!👇
As long as the COVID-19 situation in Canada remains "favourable," travel restrictions at the Canada-U.S. border are set to be loosened from August 9, 2021.
During a press conference on July 19, Canadian federal officials confirmed that from 12:01 a.m. on August 9, Canada will allow entry to fully vaccinated American citizens and permanent residents residing in the U.S.
To visit Canada for a non-essential purpose, American travellers must have been fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to entering the country, with a course of vaccines accepted by the Government of Canada.
Eligible fully vaccinated Americans will not be expected to quarantine upon their arrival or stay at a government-approved hotel. However, they must continue to submit a pre-entry COVID-19 test and use ArriveCAN to share their travel information and personal details.
This is part of a wider plan to reopen Canada's borders to international travellers. If everything goes as planned, fully vaccinated tourists from across the world will be welcomed to Canada for discretionary purposes from September 7, 2021.
On the same day, officials also confirmed that international flights will be able to resume to and from five additional airports in Canada starting August 9, 2021.
In addition to Montréal-Trudeau, Toronto Pearson, Calgary Airport and Vancouver Airport, international travellers will be able to fly in and out of Halifax Stanfield, Jean Lesage International Airport, Ottawa Macdonald–Cartier, Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson Airport and Edmonton Airport.
Before you get going, check out our Responsible Travel Guide so you can be informed, be safe, be smart, and most of all, be respectful on your adventure.
- Canada-US Border Reopening Depends On These Things, PM ... ›
- Reopening The Canada-US Border Too Early Is A 'Particular Risk ... ›
- Canada-US Border Reopening Wanted 'Immediately' By 3 Provinces ... ›
- Air Canada Flights To The US This Summer Go To So Many Destinations - Narcity ›
- Canada's Airports Are Set To Get A ‘Border Testing Surveillance Program’ - Narcity ›
- Canada-US Land Border: Canada Won't 'Dictate' What Biden Does Next - Narcity ›
- Canada's Travel Restrictions Were Updated & Here's What You Need To Know - Narcity ›
- Canada-US Border: US Will Keep Land Border Shut Until August 21 - Narcity ›
- Travel Insurance In Canada: Here's What You Need To Know - Narcity ›
- Travel Restrictions Between The US Canada: Here's The Deal - Narcity ›
- Canada-US Border Reopening Won't Be The Same On Both Sides - Narcity ›
- Canada Urges American Travellers To Stay Away Until August - Narcity ›
- Strike Action Could Impact Canada's Border Reopening - Narcity ›
- UK's New Travel Restrictions Don't Let Canadians Skip Quarantine - Narcity ›
- Toronto Pearson Airport Has Wild Lines & Travellers Want Answers - Narcity ›
- Canada's Travel Restrictions Are Changing But Travel Advice Isn't - Narcity ›
- Travelling Outside Of Canada? Here's 7 Things You Need To Know - Narcity ›
- US Vaccination Requirements To Travel Could Come For Foreign Visitors - Narcity ›
- Canada's Travel Rules Are Changing On August 9 & Here Are The Details - Narcity ›
- Canada Is Reopening To Eligible Americans & Here’s What It Will Look Like - Narcity ›
- Some Unvaxxed Travellers Can Still Enter Canada & Here’s Why - Narcity ›
- The US Is Reopening Its Land Border To Fully Vaccinated Canadians Next Month - Narcity ›