Stage 1 starts today!
The next stage is expected to come about on June 10 when 60% of Albertans have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine and hospitalizations are below 500 and declining. Here's what's changing during Stage 1 of the reopening plan:
- Places of worship can now welcome people back up to 15% of fire code occupancy
- Outdoor social gatherings of up to 10 people are now allowed
- Outdoor physical and performance activities can now resume with up to 10 people, applying to both children and adults
- Personal and wellness services can reopen by appointment only
- Funerals can have up to 20 people, not including staff, clergy, or organizers who aren't considered guests
- Weddings can have up to 10 people, but this includes the officiant, bride and groom, and witnesses
- Outdoor patio dining can make a comeback with up to four household members per table or three people consisting of someone who lives alone and their two close contacts
- Retail can open up to 15% of fire code occupancy
Masks and physical distancing requirements are still in effect until the final stage as well.
- How Many People Are Vaccinated In Alberta & How Many Need To ... ›
- Alberta Reopening Plan Has Just Been Revealed & Here's What ... ›
- Alberta Reopening: Here's What's Included In Stage 1 - Narcity ›
- Jason Kenney On A Patio: Photos Surface Of The Premier Breaking COVID-19 Rules - Narcity ›