8 Ottawa Road Trips That Will Make This Summer The Best One Yet
A glowing night walk, lavender fields and more!
Make this summer one you'll never forget. If you are craving adventure, we've got you covered with Ottawa road trips you'll want to try.
Here are eight activities you'll want to add to your bucket list.
Go On A Magical Night Walk
Price: $24.99 per person
When: Thursday, June 24, to Saturday, October 9
Address: 399 QC-323, Montebello, QC
Why You Need To Go: Parc Omega's dazzling 1.5-kilometre glowing trail is returning this summer. Along the journey, you'll also get to visit an observatory where you can see a pack of wolves.
Get Lost In Giant Mazes
Price: $21 per person
When: From Saturday, July 10
Address: 7893 Bleeks Rd., Ottawa, ON
Why You Need To Go: Only one hour from downtown Ottawa, at Saunder's Farm, you'll be able to test your navigation skills and see how quickly you can escape multiple outdoor labyrinths.
Stop And Smell The Lavender
Price: $10 per person
Address: 902 Chemin Fresniere, Saint-Eustache, QC
Why You Need To Go: La Maison Lavande is a purple wonderland with around 100,000 lavender plants. It is a relaxing spot to walk next to the sweet-smelling blooms.
Race Down A Water Slide
Price: $29.99 per person
When: From Saturday, June 19
Address: 448 Chemin du Mont-des-Cascades, Cantley, QC
Why You Need To Go: You can have a thrilling afternoon riding down the water slides with your BFF, then cool off at one of the pools.
Eat A Rainbow Ice Cream Cone
Address: 312 King St., Kemptville, ON
Why You Need To Go: No summer is complete without having ice cream. For a rainbow soft-serve cone that tastes as good as it looks, you'll want to visit Kemptville Dairy Barn.
Spend The Day At The Beach
Price: $13 per vehicle
Address: Meech Lake, Chelsea, QC
Why You Need To Go: At Meech Lake, there are two incredible beaches where you can go for a swim.
Watch A Movie At A Drive-In Theatre
Price: $13+ per person
Address: 333 Port Elmsley Rd., Perth, ON
Why You Need To Go: You can watch two movies under the stars for one affordable price.
Feel Like A Kid Again At A Floating Water Park
When: From Saturday, June 19
Address: 2020 Chemin d'Oka, Oka, QC
Why You Need To Go: You can challenge your friends to see who can complete all the obstacles, like the climbing wall. Then you can spend the rest of your day relaxing on the sandy beach.
Before you get going, check out our Responsible Travel Guide so you can be informed, be safe, be smart, and most of all, be respectful on your adventure.
- 16 Fall Road Trips Around Ontario That Will Give You The Most ... ›
- 17 Summer Day Trips From Ottawa So You Won't Be Bored - Narcity ›
- Parc Omega's Illuminated Night Walk Near Ottawa Is Pure Magic - Narcity ›
- The ByWard Market Has A New Attraction Where You Can Jump Over 'Lava' - Narcity ›
- 8 Last-Minute Ottawa Road Trips That Are Less Than 2 Hours Away - Narcity ›
- Montreal's Botanical Garden Has Hundreds Of Glowing Lanterns This Fall - Narcity ›
- 7 Incredible Ottawa Road Trips That Feel Like Stepping Inside A Snow Globe - Narcity ›
- This New Adventure Tour Near Ottawa Will Take You To Hidden Wineries & Secret Rivers - Narcity ›
- Ottawa Gas Prices Are Set To Drop To The Lowest They've Been Since Spring & Here's When - Narcity ›