On Friday, officials announced that a "two-dose summer" is in the cards for Ontarians, with two-thirds of residents having received their first dose ahead of schedule.
The recommended time between the first and second doses was originally 16 weeks, but now the province will be "accelerating" its rollout to offer second doses after just four weeks if supply allows. Ontario has released a timeline for its accelerated schedule that shows exactly when you'll be eligible to book your spot.
Since two-thirds of adults have received at least one dose, Ontario will now begin to accelerate second doses. Wit… https://t.co/4xVLnqR1PB— Doug Ford (@Doug Ford) 1622406600.0
Individuals who are 80 years old and older are the first ones eligible and can book their appointments as of today. Starting in the week of June 14, when the province moves into step one of its reopening plan, residents who are 70 and older will be able to book their second doses.
After that, the province will be offering doses on a "first-in, first-out" basis, according to the date of your first vaccine shot.
Starting June 28, anyone who received their first dose between March 8 to April 18 will be able to book, which includes those with the highest-risk health conditions. During the week of July 19, anyone who got their first vaccine shot from April 19 to May 9 will be eligible, which includes anyone 50 and older and those with high-risk health conditions.
Starting August 2, anyone who received their first dose between May 10 and May 30 can schedule their second dose, and this includes people who have at-risk health conditions and those who do not have the ability to work from home.
From August 9 to 16 everyone who is 12 to 25 years old will be able to book their second shot, and those who received their first dose on May 31 and afterwards will then be eligible.
Ontarians can set their appointments through the provincial online booking system, at participating pharmacies, or through their region's public health unit.
- Second Doses Of COVID-19 Vaccines Should Be Given ASAP, Says ... ›
- Doug Ford Says He's 'Holding Off' On Getting His Second Dose ... ›
- Ontarians Can Get A Second COVID-19 Vaccine Dose A Lot Sooner ... ›
- Ontario's COVID-19 Vaccine Schedule Could Push Second Doses Faster - Narcity ›
- Ontario Second Doses Are Now Available To Even More People - Narcity ›
- Ontario Second Doses Are Speeding Up In These 6 Hotspots - Narcity ›
- Ontarians Who Received AstraZeneca Vaccine Can Now Book Second Dose - Narcity ›
- Ontario Second Dose Eligibility Accelerated In 10 Hot-Spots - Narcity ›