Ford said earlier this month he would get his second dose "in a second."
Premier Doug Ford says he is "holding off" when it comes to getting the second dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
In a press conference on Friday, the premier revealed that he had turned down an opportunity to receive his second dose so that other residents in the province could get theirs first.
"I ended up getting a phone call from the drug store the other day and [...] I said I'm holding off until other people can get theirs first," Ford said.
The Ontario leader was given his first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine back in April after his age group became eligible for it.
Last Friday, the provincial government announced it will resume administering second doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine. Anyone who got the vaccine after March 19 will be eligible to receive their second dose after 12 weeks.
Earlier this month, Ford said that he would get his second dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine "in a second."