Sign in
EN - News

Doug Ford Just Got A COVID-19 Vaccine Dose & Then Immediately Went Shopping

Ford received his first dose of AstraZeneca.

On Friday, Premier Doug Ford rolled up his sleeve to encourage residents to get vaccinated. 

Heading to a local Etobicoke pharmacy, he received his first dose of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine

Editor's Choice: Here's How Ontario's Current Stay-At-Home Order Is Different Than The Last One

After receiving a vaccine dose, residents are asked to wait 15 minutes to monitor for any reactions. 

When Ford was asked how he wanted to spend that time, he mentioned he wanted to get a little shopping done. 

"I'll look around, do a little shopping. This is my local pharmacy," he stated in a video that was streamed by CP24. 

He's not the first government official to get a dose

Ford follows in the footsteps of other government officials who have already gotten their first dose. 

At the end of March, Ontario Health Minister Christine Elliott received the first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine.

Both her and Ford are now encouraging all residents that are eligible to get vaccinated. 

Hundreds of pharmacies are administering vaccine doses

Currently, there are nearly 700 pharmacies across the province where residents can make appointments to receive a dose. 

On top of this, there are also vaccination clinics, doctor's offices and hospital clinics available for residents who are looking to get vaccinated. 

Anyone who is currently eligible can book their first appointment on the government's website.

Stay Informed
Get Toronto's latest and greatest stories every day straight to your inbox.

As Premier Doug Ford continues to urge residents to get vaccinated so Ontario can finally move out of step three of the provincial reopening plan, his daughter Krista Ford Haynes has taken to her Instagram account to share her thoughts on COVID-19 vaccines.

"This is what I got in the mail today, so I'm going to read it to y'all," Premier Ford's eldest daughter said in the video before she flashed the informational COVID-19 flyer to the camera.

Keep Reading Show less

Ontario is set to enter the final phase of its three-step reopening plan on July 21, but what happens beyond step three is still TBD.

Premier Doug Ford was asked about the province's plans during a news conference on Monday, and he said that the details will be unveiled over the next few weeks.

Keep Reading Show less

An Ontario pub isn't taking Doug Ford's decision to keep restaurants closed lightly — in fact, it's sending him a bill.

The Nelson Street Pub, located in Pembroke, Ontario, called on the provincial government to reopen patios while revealing an invoice addressed to the premier.

Keep Reading Show less

Ontario Doctors Are Slamming Ford's COVID-19 Restrictions & Say More Needs To Be Done

Doctors are saying restrictions are "deliberately harmful" and "criminal."

Ontario doctors are now challenging the Ford government's latest stay-at-home orders.

Last week, Doug Ford announced that the stay-at-home order would be extended for an additional two weeks, and more restrictions, such as increased enforcement and the shuttering of golf courses would be put in place. 

Keep Reading Show less