Mobile sign in image
Sign in

The provincial government is preparing for the second wave as Ontario's COVID-19 cases continue to rise. 

In a press conference on Monday, Ford stated that his government was working towards a plan to keep Ontarians safe.

This includes shutting down the province again if necessary. 

Editor's Choice: Sheridan College Is Giving Students All Their Money Back If They Don't Like It There

We will take every step necessary including further shutdowns.


Premier Doug Ford

"Today's numbers are a cause for concern for all of us," Ford stated in regards to the 313 new cases that were reported today.  

"Let me be crystal clear, every option in on the table. [...] The second wave of COVID-19 is a scenario we have been prepared for all summer long." 

Ford said that if another lockdown reoccurs, it will be looked at in a regional approach. 

NOW WATCH Trudeau Says Canada Must 'Remain Vigilant' To Avoid A Fall Lockdown

Stay Informed
Get Toronto's latest and greatest stories every day straight to your inbox.

As Premier Doug Ford continues to urge residents to get vaccinated so Ontario can finally move out of step three of the provincial reopening plan, his daughter Krista Ford Haynes has taken to her Instagram account to share her thoughts on COVID-19 vaccines.

"This is what I got in the mail today, so I'm going to read it to y'all," Premier Ford's eldest daughter said in the video before she flashed the informational COVID-19 flyer to the camera.

Keep Reading Show less

Ontario is set to enter the final phase of its three-step reopening plan on July 21, but what happens beyond step three is still TBD.

Premier Doug Ford was asked about the province's plans during a news conference on Monday, and he said that the details will be unveiled over the next few weeks.

Keep Reading Show less

An Ontario pub isn't taking Doug Ford's decision to keep restaurants closed lightly — in fact, it's sending him a bill.

The Nelson Street Pub, located in Pembroke, Ontario, called on the provincial government to reopen patios while revealing an invoice addressed to the premier.

Keep Reading Show less

Ontario Doctors Are Slamming Ford's COVID-19 Restrictions & Say More Needs To Be Done

Doctors are saying restrictions are "deliberately harmful" and "criminal."

Ontario doctors are now challenging the Ford government's latest stay-at-home orders.

Last week, Doug Ford announced that the stay-at-home order would be extended for an additional two weeks, and more restrictions, such as increased enforcement and the shuttering of golf courses would be put in place. 

Keep Reading Show less