Ontario Is Already At Its Step 3 Vaccine Goal & Step 2 Just Might Happen Sooner
Ontario needs 25% of all adults to be fully vaccinated to reach the final step.
Ontario needs 25% of Ontarian adults to be fully vaccinated and 70-80% with their first dose in order to move into the last stage of its reopening plan, and the province just met those targets.
Of the province's adults, 76.5% have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine and 27.5% are fully vaccinated as of Wednesday.
Right now, Ontario is in the first step of its reopening plan, which required 60% of adults to have received their first dose, according to the Roadmap to Reopen.
Step one kicked off a few days earlier than expected on June 11, which reopened patio dining and increased outdoor gathering limits to include up to 10 people.
Premier Doug Ford recently said he's "pushing" for an earlier step two start date, which is currently expected to be July 2.
Dr. David Williams recently told the Toronto Star that Ontario is on track to reopen "a few days [earlier]" than July 2, as a result of the province's current COVID-19 indicators. No official date has been given.
Step two would reopen hair and nail salons again, would increase the limit on outdoor gatherings to 25 people, and would allow indoor gatherings of up to five people.
- Ontario Reopening Plan Was Just Revealed & Here's What You ... ›
- Ontario Step 3 Won't Happen For At Least 3 Weeks, Says Doctor - Narcity ›
- Ontario Second Dose Eligibility Available To Even More People - Narcity ›
- Ontario Step Three Of Reopening Plan & What You'll Be Allowed To Do When It Starts - Narcity ›
- Ontario Step Three Of Reopening Starts Soon & Here’s What’s Allowed - Narcity ›
- What Happens After Step 3 In Ontario? Ford Says Plans Will Be Rolled Out Soon - Narcity ›