The hail looked like piles of snow!
Storms hit regions in Southern Ontario hard last night with downpours of hail and severe thunderstorms.
Piles of hail built up during the storm resembling snow, and "the height of storm grew so intense that the stones shredded tree leaves and even led to crop damage."
Along with smaller-sized hail, Millgrove received some impressive chunks.
The hail in Millgrove was kind of mind blowing given the size and amounts. @weathernetwork #onstorm https://t.co/1EtxefRd1g— Mark Robinson (@Mark Robinson) 1625196264.0
The Weather Network reported that some areas even saw fog after the storm as the sun came out and hit the piles of hail.
The fog in Millgrove was reportedly so thick you couldn't see across a field.
Hail fog. Cold surface creates condensation in the air and you get fog. In July. When it’s 23C out. @weathernetwork… https://t.co/2atsVi45IX— Mark Robinson (@Mark Robinson) 1625187964.0
A Twitter user was able to capture the pelting hail coming down in Caledonia.
TWN storm hunter Mark Robinson called the storm one of the "worst hail storms [he has] seen in Southern Ontario."
- Toronto's Storm Was So Intense That Some Streets Totally Flooded ... ›
- Wild Storms Are Rolling Through Ontario RN & The Videos Are Actually Unreal - Narcity ›
- Even More Ontario Storms Are Hitting The Province Today & It Will Be Chaotic - Narcity ›
- Huge Ontario Storms Ripped Through The Province Last Weekend & The Photos Are Terrifying - Narcity ›
- Ontario Storm Created So Much Chaotic Weather Last Night & The Photos Are Unreal - Narcity ›
- Ontario Storms Will Be Flooding The Province This Week With Brutal Thunderstorms & Hail - Narcity ›