BC Is Unveiling Its Reopening Plan At A Press Conference Today
The ban on indoor dining was previously set to end on Tuesday, May 25.
After a week of declining case counts, B.C.'s reopening plan is finally being unveiled.
In a joint statement posted on May 24, Dr. Bonnie Henry and Health Minister Adrian Dix announced they will be providing the details of the "restart plan" at a press conference at 1 p.m. PT on Tuesday, May 25. As of yet, the specifics are unknown.
The "circuit breaker" — which begun on March 29 — banned indoor fitness classes, indoor worship and indoor dining in the province. All of those restrictions were scheduled to expire at midnight on May 24, according to the B.C. website.
B.C. could also announce that its non-essential travel restrictions will end, since they were also scheduled to end at the same time.
As of May 18, B.C.'s seven-day average of COVID-19 cases was as low as it had been since February 20, 2021.
- BC Parks Will Reopen Just In Time For May Long Weekend & For ... ›
- BC Schools Reopen In September But Students & Staff Will Get ... ›
- When Will BC Restaurants Reopen? It Could Take Until Early June ... ›
- BC Reopening Plan: Here's What You Need To Know - Narcity ›
- BC Reopening Plan: Here's What Will Open During Step 1 Today - Narcity ›