Premier Doug Ford might be following the lead of Quebec Premier François Legault and announcing an Ontario curfew later this week.

According to an article from Global News, Doug Ford and the Ontario government are considering implementing a curfew from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m., similar to the one Quebec announced last week.

Editor's Choice: The OPP Says Man Charged With Not Having Insurance Told Police He 'Didn't Believe' In It

I always say everything is on the table.

Doug Ford, Premier of Ontario

The Global News article suggests there would be some exceptions for essential workers and others.

Doug Ford has been indicating that lockdown restrictions would be tightening for a few days now, but he said it depended on what numbers looked like over the coming weeks.

However, he told the press on Friday that the latest COVID-19 case prediction models — which will be announced on Tuesday, according to NewsTalk1010's Lucas Meyer — don't look good.

"The modelling is a wake-up call," Ford said. "When you see the modelling, you'll fall off your chair."

Quebec's curfew is in place each night until February 8 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m., and breaking curfew could lead to fines of up to $6,000.

Whether a curfew is enforced or not, Ontario's numbers are continuing to rise, with a record number of single-day COVID-19 cases — 3,945 — being reported today, according to CP24.

 
Share your story
Account Settings
Notifications
Favourites
Share Feedback
Log Out

Register this device to receive push notifications