From ghost tours to creepy museums, there are tons of ways to explore haunted Florida. Robert the Doll is one such attraction, and his creepy story will chill you to the bone. Whether you're looking for a new way to celebrate Halloween this year, or just want to learn more about Florida's history, here's a list of reasons why you should visit this creepy doll.
Robert the Doll sits in his own case at the Fort East Martello Museum in Key West. He's a handmade doll that was made and stuffed with wood and wool and is dressed in a sailor suit.
He was a gift to Robert Eugene Otto, who named the doll after him and, according to legend, were the best of buddies.
So in the spirit of Halloween, here are six reasons why you should pay a visit to Robert the Doll.
1. He had his own episode on Deadly Possessions.
2. He was apparently the inspiration for "Chucky" in the Child's Play movies.
3. He's been known to mess with people's cameras if they get close to him.
4. He has his own horror film.
5. People are writing letters of apologies to him to this very day.
6. He has a truly horrifying backstory.
The perfect spooky excursion to get you in the mood For Halloween, pay Robert a visit in the Florida Keys today! If you dare.
Robert The Doll at East Fort Martello Musume
Address: 3501 S. Roosevelt Blvd., Key West, FL
Why You Need To Go: Pay a visit to the most haunted doll in Florida.
Before you get going, check our Responsible Travel Guide so you can be informed, be safe, be smart, and most of all, be respectful on your trip.