Sign in
Ontario Police Are Asking You To Stop Butt-Dialling 911 After Hundreds Of Calls In 5 Days

Widespread butt-dialling is sweeping through the province and Ontario police are asking us all to stop.

Guelph Police reported on Wednesday that they've received 182 accidental or silent calls to 911 in the last five days.

Editor's Choice: Doug Ford Says That A Curfew Is Not Off The Table For Ontario

The bumpy start to 2021 has police asking people to lock their phones to prevent misdials.

Guelph residents have also been asked to stay on the line to tell communicators what happened if they do slip up.

If a caller fails to do so, operators are forced to track them down and waste valuable police resources.

So, let's all make our New Year's resolution to lock our phones this year. 

A similar statement was issued by Wellington County OPP in 2019 after they received nearly 2,000 accidental 911 calls in a year.

1,965 of those calls required an officer to be dispatched

Have you ever thought walking through the Ajax Go Station takes too long?

Well, someone decided to drive through one of the walkways earlier this morning instead. Police are now asking the public to help identify the driver, who just happened to be wearing a shirt that said "Bad Habits."

Keep Reading Show less

The Scarborough Bluffs may be a beautiful natural landmark but hopping a fence to get a better view could cost you.

A video posted on Sunday circulating social media shows a police officer telling a group of trespassers beyond the fence at Scarborough Bluffs to line up for their $5,000 fines.

Keep Reading Show less

The Guelph Police are investigating students having their drinks spiked at the University of Guelph with an "unknown substance" after receiving information from the university.

Police say four complaints have been made. "Two of the complaints are related to a recent house party in the south end of Guelph, and two are related to a small on-campus gathering last month," according to a press release.

Keep Reading Show less

A Toronto School Is Being Evacuated After A Reported Bomb Threat

Earl Haig Secondary School will be closed for the rest of the day.

A Toronto school has been evacuated after police received a bomb threat at around 10:34 a.m. on Wednesday morning.

According to police, out of an "abundance of caution, school has been evacuated" and parents of the students will be contacted for a pick-up location.

Keep Reading Show less