You can volunteer to provide pets a loving home!
The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society is looking for volunteers who are willing to open up their hearts and homes to vulnerable animals.
According to the charity, foster parents are currently needed in Brockville, Napanee, Cornwall, Pembroke, Midland, Barrie and Muskoka.
Volunteers will provide a temporary nurturing environment to pregnant dogs and cats and will also be in charge of taking care of litters once they're born, so, you'll need to brace yourself for a cuteness overload. On top of this, they are also looking for foster parents to take in animals with special medical needs.
The program aims to help animals who might be too sick or young to be adopted yet a chance to live in a stress-free environment.
"Fostering animals in need is a rewarding experience for the volunteer and a critical source of support for our animal centres," Carol May-McQuillan, director of volunteer development, said.
The company's website highlights exactly what you need to be able to qualify as a foster parent.
Cover image used for illustrative purposes.
- Ontario SPCA & Humane Society Need Homes For 20 Dogs - Narcity ›
- Ontario SPCA Wants You To Adopt Some Adorable Bunnies - Narcity ›
- Ontario Puppies Are Going Up For Adoption & Have The Best Names - Narcity ›
- So Many Ontario Puppies Are Up For Adoption & They're All Named After 'The Office' - Narcity ›
- An Ontario Humane Society Has Huge Discounts On Bunny Adoption Fees & So Many Need Homes - Narcity ›