The World's Best Vegan Restaurant Is In Greece & Here's What It's Like To Eat There
They've got "the most amazing vegan gyro there ever was."
No one does gyros like the Greeks — and that includes vegan gyros, too.
The absolute best vegan restaurant in the world is a little spot called Vegan Beat in Athens, according to Tripadvisor's 2021 Traveler's Choice Awards.
Vegan Beat topped Tripadvisor's annual best of the best awards after racking up a ton of rave reviews for its extra-healthy take on the Mediterranean diet.
The restaurant makes an incredible mushroom gyro that will put any meat-based equivalent to shame, according to one of the many glowing reviews on Tripadvisor.
And while many places will simply do fries, the folks at Vegan Beat take it up a notch with a super crispy spiral potato covered in spices.
They've also got a low-key amazing lemonade and super-friendly staff.
Visitors say there's not much room to eat inside the restaurant but it's the perfect grab-and-go meal if you're a tourist in the city.
It might be a bit late to celebrate World Vegan Day with a quick flight to Athens, but there are a bunch of other incredible vegan restaurants on Tripadvisor's global list.
Here's the full list:
- Vegan Beat - Athens, Greece
- Blu Bar - Barcelona, Spain
- Cosmic Kitchen - Plymouth, U.K.
- Scoop 'n Dough - Lisbon, Portugal
- Twelve Eatery - Bournemouth, U.K.
- EFE Macrobiotic World - Rawai, Thailand
- Alquimia - Campos do Jordao, Brazil
- Arte Sano - Holbox Island, Mexico
- Kunda Cafe - Chiang Rai, Thailand
- Hum Vegetarian Cafe & Restaurant - Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Ark - Copenhagen, Denmark
- Green Point - Cusco, Peru
- Souls - Copenhagen, Denmark
- Chia Vegan Kitchen - Cusco, Peru
- To Marouli - Rhodes Town, Greece
- La Bruja - Antigua, Guatemala
- Moksa Ubud Plant-based Cuisine & Permaculture Garden - Ubud, Indonesia
- Cavo Bistrot - Cagliari, Italy
- Full Bloom Vegan - Miami Beach, Florida
- Vegan Zone Hoi An - Hoi An, Vietnam
Before you get going, check out our Responsible Travel Guide so you can be informed, be safe, be smart, and most of all, be respectful on your adventure.