Mobile sign in image
Sign in

As Ontario's COVID-19 cases continue to rise, Doug Ford is giving us all a lecture. 

Ford scolded Ontario's "reckless folks" during a press conference on Thursday, arguing that their failure to practise social distancing is causing provincial cases to spike.

The premier warned that people need to stop doing "foolish things" to avoid another lockdown. 

Editor's Choice: This Dino-Sized Alligator In Florida Looks Like It Stomped Out Of Jurassic Park (VIDEO)

You have these reckless folks that go out there, and they don’t practice social distancing. Folks, I don’t know what I have to do. Every single day I’m pleading to follow the protocols. Doug Ford

"If there are certain groups of people who don’t want to follow the procedures, it’s not going to be good,” Ford stated on Thursday. 

“What we’re trying to do as a government is avoiding at all costs a complete lockdown," he said.

"If people keep doing foolish things like this, and the numbers continue to start going up, well then we are going to have to deal with it. I’m so disappointed.”

This is far from the first time Ford has tried to keep Ontarians in line when it comes to COVID-19 bylaws.

The provincial leader famously roasted a group of anti-maskers protesting in Queen's Park back in April.

He has also begged university students numerous times to stop partying.

Stay Informed
Get Toronto's latest and greatest stories every day straight to your inbox.

As Premier Doug Ford continues to urge residents to get vaccinated so Ontario can finally move out of step three of the provincial reopening plan, his daughter Krista Ford Haynes has taken to her Instagram account to share her thoughts on COVID-19 vaccines.

"This is what I got in the mail today, so I'm going to read it to y'all," Premier Ford's eldest daughter said in the video before she flashed the informational COVID-19 flyer to the camera.

Keep Reading Show less

Ontario is set to enter the final phase of its three-step reopening plan on July 21, but what happens beyond step three is still TBD.

Premier Doug Ford was asked about the province's plans during a news conference on Monday, and he said that the details will be unveiled over the next few weeks.

Keep Reading Show less

Doug Ford announced last week that enforcement will be ramping up under Ontario's stay-at-home order

Focusing mostly on public gatherings, officers will be issuing tickets to people who aren't following the rules.

Keep Reading Show less