"What does home mean to you?"
Masai Ujiri just let Toronto know that he isn't going anywhere in a powerful new tribute to the 6ix that is sure to make you teary-eyed.
The Toronto Raptors shared a heartwarming video on Twitter in which Ujiri spoke about what home means to him, before declaring that he is, in fact, staying. "I'm grateful for the opportunity to lead this team. I love being the leader of the Toronto Raptors and I'm here to stay," he said.
According to ESPN, he has signed a deal to become the vice chairman and president of the Raptors.
I've said it before, and I am saying it again. We will win in Toronto. - Masai https://t.co/KJ64UwjZPo— Toronto Raptors (@Toronto Raptors) 1628187857.0
In the video, Ujiri also touched on his global goals off the court. "The work continues — fight for equality in the justice system, work to prevent children from becoming child soldiers. Grow the game in Africa and build infrastructure there so kids can have a place to play, to dream their dreams. To make sure young women and young girls are valued and included."
Speaking of the franchise's objectives, he said "we will bring young talent to this city and continue to build with our unbelievable players."
"I've said it before, and I am saying it again. We will win in Toronto," he said. "On the court our goal is clear. Win. It's simple, win, bring another championship to Toronto."
So while Raptors fans may be saying goodbye to Kyle Lowry, Toronto can take comfort in knowing Masai Ujiri is still here for the home team.
- Kyle Lowry Leaving The Toronto Raptors For Miami Heat - Narcity ›
- Where Will The Toronto Raptors Be Playing This Year? So Many ... ›
- Toronto Raptors Newest Members Are Exploring The 6ix (PHOTOS ... ›
- Toronto Raptors Newest Player Apologizes After Dissing The Team - Narcity ›
- Toronto Raptors New Recruits Are Already Having So Much Fun (VIDEOS) - Narcity ›
- Toronto Raptors Championship Ring Is Being Resold For Hundreds All Over The Internet - Narcity ›