The Newest Raptors Player Has Just Apologized After Dissing Toronto
"I would like to apologize. It didn't come out the right way."
The Toronto Raptors' newest player is now apologizing after he was caught dissing the team in a past interview.
Goran Dragić issued an official apology on Monday evening after a video of him saying he has "higher ambitions" than playing for Toronto circled around Twitter.
"My message basically, to all Toronto fans, is I would like to apologize. It didn't come out the right way. I know they love their team, and they should be proud, it is one of the best organizations in the NBA," Dragić said in a statement.
"They've already won a championship and I didn't, so what I said, it really was not appropriate."
The 35-year-old former Miami Heat powerhouse was traded to the Raptors earlier this month as part of the team's swap for Kyle Lowry.
"I love basketball, I love to play and I'm going to give 100 per cent wherever I play. Right now I'm [with] Toronto and that's my main thing to think about," he added.
- Toronto Raptors President Masai Ujiri Dished About The Team ... ›
- Masai Ujiri Says He's Staying With The Toronto Raptors In A Moving ... ›
- Toronto Raptors New Player Says He Has 'Higher Ambitions' Than ... ›
- Goran Dragić Won't Stop Apologizing For Dissing The Raptor & It's Super Canadian - Narcity ›
- Fred VanVleet Just Revealed That He Still Talks To Kyle Lowry After Every Raptors Game - Narcity ›
- Ontario Docs Slam The Government For Letting 10K People Attend Last Night's Raptors Game - Narcity ›
- Ex-Raptor Defends Toronto After Sports Analyst Claims The City Can't Keep Black 'Superstars' - Narcity ›