"I would like to apologize. It didn't come out the right way."
The Toronto Raptors' newest player is now apologizing after he was caught dissing the team in a past interview.
Goran Dragić issued an official apology on Monday evening after a video of him saying he has "higher ambitions" than playing for Toronto circled around Twitter.
"My message basically, to all Toronto fans, is I would like to apologize. It didn't come out the right way. I know they love their team, and they should be proud, it is one of the best organizations in the NBA," Dragić said in a statement.
"They've already won a championship and I didn't, so what I said, it really was not appropriate."
The 35-year-old former Miami Heat powerhouse was traded to the Raptors earlier this month as part of the team's swap for Kyle Lowry.
"I love basketball, I love to play and I'm going to give 100 per cent wherever I play. Right now I'm [with] Toronto and that's my main thing to think about," he added.
- Toronto Raptors President Masai Ujiri Dished About The Team ... ›
- Masai Ujiri Says He's Staying With The Toronto Raptors In A Moving ... ›
- Toronto Raptors New Player Says He Has 'Higher Ambitions' Than ... ›
- Goran Dragić Won't Stop Apologizing For Dissing The Raptor & It's Super Canadian - Narcity ›
- Fred VanVleet Just Revealed That He Still Talks To Kyle Lowry After Every Raptors Game - Narcity ›
- Ontario Docs Slam The Government For Letting 10K People Attend Last Night's Raptors Game - Narcity ›
- Ex-Raptor Defends Toronto After Sports Analyst Claims The City Can't Keep Black 'Superstars' - Narcity ›