"This is obviously a relationship that'll probably be for life." 😭
VanVleet opened up about his strong connection with the Raptors GOAT during an appearance on Sportsnet 590 The FAN this Tuesday, revealing he still talks to him every day.
"We talk just as much as we did when he was here. The only difference is I'm just not seeing him," the Toronto guard said while discussing his close relationship with Lowry.
"We're texting every day, or every other day, you know, FaceTime and talking, chatting after games. He checks in on me after my games and vice versa. So we're talking quite a bit. This is obviously a relationship that'll probably be for life. There's a lot of love and respect there," he added.
VanVleet has done his best to step into his former teammate's role as the Raptors leader this season, joking during a post-game conference last week that he's become the "angry old man" to Toronto's latest batch of rookies.
- Fred VanVleet Just Called Out The 'Idiots On Twitter' & Put Pascal ... ›
- Toronto Raptors Newest Player Apologizes After Dissing The Team ... ›
- Fred VanVleet's Girlfriend Shontai Neal Has Been His Number One ... ›
- Fred VanVleet Shows 2 Ontario Restos Big Love In A New Docuseries That Just Dropped (VIDEO) - Narcity ›
- Kyle Lowry & DeMar DeRozan Bromance Is So Strong That It's Making Us Miss The OG Raptors - Narcity ›