Step 2 Of BC's Reopening Is Coming In Hot & Here's What Is Going To Change
It could start as early as June 15!
Canada is starting to inch back towards pre-pandemic life and Step 2 of the B.C. reopening plan is just around the corner.
Set to begin as early as June 15, this step can come about when at least 65% of the adult population have been vaccinated with their first dose.
The province also requires declining COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations to move forward as planned.
If all goes well and those thresholds are met, British Columbians will see the relaxing or lifting of some more public health regulations in the province.
What's Included In BC's Step 2?
When the province officially announces the beginning of Step 2, here are the new things that will be allowed:
- Outdoor gatherings of up to 50 people
- Indoor seated, organized gatherings of up to 50 people
- Recreational travel within B.C.
- BC Transit and BC Ferries can increase service as needed
- Liquor can be served until midnight
- Banquet halls can operate again, but with limited capacity
- The return to the workplace continues
- Small, in-person meetings
- Indoor high-intensity group exercise with reduced capacity
- Indoor games and practices for both adults and youth
- Outdoor sports spectators up to 50 people (no indoor spectators)