Here's What You Can Do When BC Moves Into Step 3 Of Reopening As Early As Next Week
So many restrictions are being lifted or relaxed!
The date is drawing closer for the potential beginning of Step 3 in B.C.'s reopening plan.
Step 3 is slated to begin on July 1 at the earliest, and moving into this stage requires that 70% of the province's adult population be vaccinated with at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. There also needs to be low case counts and declining COVID-19 hospitalizations to move forward.
According to Dr. Bonnie Henry, 77.7% of B.C. adults have received their first dose and 76.2% of people 12 and up have gotten theirs as of June 22.*
While the province hasn't officially announced that Step 3 will begin on July 1, there is an update expected in the coming days.
When British Columbia does move into the third stage of reopening, people in the province will be able to resume a whole bunch of activities that have been under restrictions for months.
What can I do during Step 3 of B.C.'s reopening plan?
B.C. could see Step 3 as early as July 1 and when it does begin, here's what will change:
- You can return to normal for indoor and outdoor personal gatherings, meaning there will be no limits
- Sleepovers will be back on the agenda
- There will be an increased capacity for both indoor and outdoor organized gatherings
- Fairs and festivals will be welcome to operate once more with COVID-19 safety plans in place
- Canadawide travel will be permissible
- There will be no limits for group sizes for indoor and outdoor dining
- Liquor service restrictions will be lifted
- Casinos and nightclubs will be allowed to operate at a limited capacity
- There will be a continued return to the workplace
- All indoor fitness will be allowed at the normal capacity
- Limited indoor sports spectators will be allowed*
*This article has been updated.