On Thursday, March 18, the province provided an update on the rollout of COVID-19 vaccines in B.C.
Beginning in April, several priority groups will get their first dose of the AstraZeneca/SII COVISHIELD vaccine.
The priority groups identified by public health include the following individuals:
- First responders
- Teachers from K-12
- People who work in child care
- Grocery store employees
- Postal workers
- Bylaw and quarantine officers
- People who work in manufacturing
- Wholesale and warehouse staff
- "Staff living in congregate housing at places such as ski hills"
- People working in correctional facilities
- Cross-border transport staff
“Our age-based rollout is ahead of schedule and with the AstraZeneca/SII supply arriving, we can protect people working in specific, front-line industries,” said Adrian Dix, minister of health.
Frontline workers will be notified about how to book their vaccination appointments in the coming weeks.