This Luxury Rental In The Texas Desert Is Inside Of An Actual Cave & It’s So Unexpected
Cavemen not included.
In the middle of the barren Chihuahuan desert of West Texas, there are a few liveable cave dwellings that are actually quite up-scale, despite the rugged surroundings.
The temperature-controlled "luxury caves" are enclosed by sliding glass doors, so you can wake up and watch the golden sun rising over the expansive desolate area from the king-sized bed. In the evening, you will see stars glittering at night, as you'll be in an area with "forced dark skies".
This unique spot only fits two people and has its own private patio, so it's perfect for a romantic getaway to escape with your sweetheart.
After a long day exploring the arid park, your own private cave will be the most welcome relaxing sanctuary.
It's quite an exclusive stay, and booking the caves, specifically, can be difficult as it is in high demand, but The Summit also offers several other lodging options like tents, glamping domes, and houses.
The Summit at Big Bend
Address: 2500 N. Lone Star Mine, Terlingua, TX
Why You Need To Go: These mining caves were transformed into the most luxurious rooms to rent with striking desert views.
Prices and terms of occupancy are confirmed at the time of publishing, but they can change at any time.
These prices and terms of occupancy are confirmed at the time of publishing, but they can change at any time. Taxes and fees may not be included.
- This Human-Made Swimming Hole In Texas Is Actually The World's Largest Pool That's Spring-Fed ›
- A Rare Look Inside Marfa, Texas' Mysterious Prada Store In The Middle Of The Desert ›
- This Dome In The Middle Of Nowhere Is One Of The 'Most Wishlisted' Airbnbs In Texas ›
- This All-Inclusive Resort In Texas Is The Perfect Summer Staycation Without The Plane Ride - Narcity ›
- San Antonio Cavern Gem Mining Will Let You Find Your Own Minerals And Fossils - Narcity ›