Tinder has been getting a bad rep for being a "hookup-only app," but it's still one of the most popular and frequently used dating apps of our generation. If you're single, chances are that you're either currently on Tinder, or you've used it at least once before.
A lot of the time, people using Tinder are just looking for a quick hookup and nothing serious. But there are a lot of people now that are actually finding their S/Os by using it.
So whether you like the idea of meeting your future someone on Tinder, or you're just interested in finding a one-time hookup, this app really does have something for everyone. You just have to put yourself out there in order to find it.
To better your chances of finding that someone you're searching for, upping your pickup-line game is key. So try out some of these foolproof lines and see which ones work best for you. Most of these lines are for guys to use, but who said girls can't test a few of these bad boys out?
1. "Are you a bank loan? Because you have my interest!"
Most girls will probably get a smile and maybe even a little laugh out of this one. If you can get her to react in either of those ways, you're almost guaranteed a reply back. This one sounds like a cheesy pickup line, but it's a little bit different than all the rest.
2. "I just saw the best upsexy ever."
This one doesn't make any sense at all - until you think about their response. Obviously she would ask, "What's upsexy?" And there you have it! A clever yet funny pickup line that's probably pretty unique to Tinder.
3. "Does this mean we're married now?"
This line isn't anything special, but if she has a sense of humour, she'll definitely be compelled to answer back and keep the joke going. You really can't go wrong with a simple, funny line to start off the convo.
4. "If you were a triangle, you'd be acute one!"
Okay, so this line has definitely been used more than a few times but, hey, it never hurts to try out an old faithful. You also can't go wrong with giving someone a nice compliment as well. Add some cute emojis and you're good to go!
5. "What's a smart, attractive man like myself doing without your phone number?"
Sure, it's a little bold to immediately ask for someone's phone number in your opening line. But this one is kind of funny and not creepy at all, so it would probably work for you at least once.
6. "Sunday priorities: Netflix, exercise, or bottomless mimosas?"
You can never really go wrong by asking a funny question like this in your opening line to get the conversation going. It's easy, cute, and you get to know the person a little bit better.
7. "Are you a good cuddler? I might let you join my gang."
I think a cuddle gang sounds pretty amazing, but that's just one girl's opinion here. I'm sure whoever you use this line on will at least be curious enough to message back for more details.
8. "Sorry it took me so long to message, I was at Whole Foods trying to figure out what you like for breakfast."
It's similar to the classic line that Aziz Ansari used in Master Of None to literally every girl on Tinder, but with a unique twist. This way it doesn't seem like you're stealing a line from a TV show and it's kind of funny!
9. "On a scale of 1 to 10, you’re a 9 and I’m the 1 you lack."
This one is super simple and can be used multiple times until you get the response you want out of it, which is always good on a fast app like Tinder.
10. "Do you like Harry Potter? Because I adumbledore you."
Chances are the majority of people you match with on Tinder love Harry Potter - because, well, who doesn't, right? So you can't go wrong with a funny Harry Potter pun to get the ball rolling.
11. "What's the best thing about elevator jokes? They work on so many levels."
This is one of those classic dad jokes that will probably work a lot of the time. As much as people say they don't like dumb dad jokes like these, they really do and you'll definitely get a laugh out of them.
12. Any kind of name pun!
Obviously I can't give specific examples here, but any kind of name pun is bound to work if you do a good job of it. Get creative and really make it something funny and she will definitely respond.
Video break: When your boss hears you have a Tinder date 😂
1. "🍴 All I'm missing is the little spoon."
I think this one is pretty popular on Tinder, but it's still worth a shot if you haven't tried it out yet. Everyone loves having a cuddle buddy, so why not see if they're up for it?
2. "Did I tell you I'm writing a book? It's a phone book and it's missing your number."
This line could work either as an opening line or later in the conversation when you think it's the right time to ask for her number. If you do it in a funny way like this, she'll think it's cute and probably give it to you.
3. "__________👌 This is a pickup line."
Sure, it's a little cheesy, but you can never go wrong with something simple and out of the box like this. You may not be guaranteed a response, but it could be fun to see what you get back.
4. "Yogurt. Cereal. Soup. *Blank* from Tinder. These are all things I want to spoon."
You can easily send this one to multiple people by just inserting another name into the blank in each line. It's cute and simple, and you're virtually guaranteed a good response.
5. "My mom told me not to talk to strangers online, but I’ll make an exception for you."
This one is pretty easy to send to multiple people and it's cute at the same time. I mean, it's true, right? Our moms always did tell us never to talk to strangers online, but here we are, talking to complete strangers on the internet and meeting up with them in person.
6. "What's the most embarrassing thing I'll find if I Google you?"
This one is actually pretty good because I'm sure we all have some super embarrassing stuff that comes up with our names on Google. Maybe like that award you won for eating pies at the fair when you were 10. Who knows what could come up if you start with this line.
7. "Fuck, marry, kill: Bradley Cooper, Ryan Reynolds, Ryan Gosling?"
This question would be truly hard for any girl to answer. I mean, they're all just so beautiful! I honestly can't even decide right now, so you know you'd get her thinking with this one.
8. A GIPHY wave!
I personally think the best way to start a convo on Tinder is with a cute GIF. It's easy and there's so many to choose from that you really can't go wrong with using them for every Tinder gal you match with.
9. "Favourite pickup line. Go!"
It's not a bad idea to turn the tables on Tinder and make them send you their best pickup lines for a change. It doesn't always have to be the guy doing all the work on this app, and I'm sure she has some good ones up her sleeve as well!
10. "Your phone has GPS, right? Because I’m totally going to get lost in those *insert color here* eyes."
I think it's a universal thing among women that we all love being complimented on our eyes. It's also a great way to compliment someone on their physical features and not sound super creepy. Basically, eyes are the safest body part to comment on (in a positive way!).
11. "Dog person or cat person? There is only one right answer."
This is definitely an important question when getting to know someone because their answer really does determine who they ultimately are as a person. Plus, you need to know what kind of pet you two could get in the future, right?
12. "Describe yourself in 3 emojis."
Everyone has at least three emojis that are their absolute favourites and describe who they are as a person. Since there are so many to choose from, you're bound to get something interesting, plus you get to know a bit more about them.
This definitely isn't the most creative and successful line you could use on Tinder, but if you're in a rush or just don't feel like putting in a ton of effort, you could try it once or twice.
2. "Truth or dare?"
It's a simple conversation starter, but you have to have another line prepared for when they choose either truth or dare. So, technically, it's not as simple as just that one line, but it could still be a fun way to start the convo!
3. "How's your day going?"
It's never a bad idea to ask how someone's day is going to start a conversation on Tinder. With this simple yet interesting question, they could either give a short reply or have a great story to tell - who knows?!
4. "Drinks this week?"
This line is clearly pretty forward, but why not send the occasional straight-to-the point message? You could also use other generic date ideas, like dinner or coffee, or switch it up and ask them to do something fun and exciting!
5. "Two truths and a lie. Go!"
Lines that start the conversation off with a game are always fun. Not only does it make the person think about their answer, but they also have something to ask you back as well.
6. "Please confirm that you're not one of those people that claps when the plane lands."
Those people are the absolute WORST, am I right? It's the most awkward thing when someone decides to start a huge round of applause when the pilot lands the plane - that's literally his job. So, before you get too involved, this is an important fact to establish.
7. "Send me your favourite GIF!"
I said this before, but gifs are the best thing when starting a conversation on Tinder because they're easy and fun! So, why not ask your match to send you their favourite one and then compare?
8. "👋 or 😍 or 😉?"
It's not usually recommended to just send an emoji as your opening line, but they're definitely amusing, and there's no harm in trying it out. Any of those above are a good option to kickstart a convo, and hopefully you'll get one back!
9. "Hey cutie 😘"
You can't go wrong with a cute, simple line like this. It's not as plain as just "hey" or an emoji; it brings both together to make the statement a little more exciting.
10. "Phew! I almost swiped left and had a heart attack! Saved it at the last minute!"
We all know the struggles of accidentally swiping left on someone you thought was super attractive and then never seeing them again on the app. Well, this line is obviously a joke, but it is kind of cute and easy to use multiple times if it works for you.
11. "🌺💐 🌻🌹🌷 Here, I brought you flowers."
This one is sort of sweet and also easy to replicate, if that's what you want from a Tinder line. What girl doesn't love getting flowers right?
12. "QUICK! The Notebook or Sleepless in Seattle?"
This is the real important question, right? Everyone loves a good rom com, so make them choose between two amazing classics.
For Sexy Pickup Lines 😏, Click "NEXT"
1. "Want to come over to my place and watch porn on my flat screen mirror?"
Well, this line is definitely forward, but that's what this section of the article is all about! It worked surprisingly well for the guy that used it, so who knows, maybe it'll work for you, too.
2. "You're coming over tonight to watch Game of Thrones and make out."
This line could be used with basically any TV show you're into. It's pretty simple and, best of all, it just might work.
3. "Roses are red. Violets are fine. You be the 6. I'll be the 9."
I mean, you can't go wrong with a Valentine's Day poem, right? This one has it's own sexy twist to it that isn't completely gross and sexual. So you might get a good response.
4. "Hey, did you know you could make a decent living selling hotdogs? Because you sure know how to make a wiener stand."
Well, this is one of those pickup lines that's definitely forward but not completely terrible to use on someone. The guy that used this line actually got a good response, so maybe you will too!
5. "I haven't figured out if you're going to be the nicest girl on my naughty list or the naughtiest girl on my nice list 😉"
This line might work best around Christmas time, but it obviously translates all year long. The response to this one was pretty good because it's forward but not overly creepy, which is important on Tinder.
6. "Is there a cell phone in your back pocket? Because that a** is calling me!"
You obviously don't need to censor your own message on this one, but if you want to be a bit more daring, this is a good option.
7. "Did you know you're the hottest *insert name here* on Tinder?"
A cute yet casual compliment is always appreciated on an app like Tinder. But with this line, it's obvious that you're flirting with them, which is nice to know right off the bat.
8. "How many times have you pictured me naked since we matched?"
Being sexually forward in your opening lines on Tinder isn't always the best way to go, but if you can add a little humour to it like this, you're more likely to get a good response.
9. "What are the chances I see you naked tonight?"
I mean, not all girls would appreciate an opening line like this one, but it couldn't hurt to ask. If you find a girl that's also just looking to hookup then you have pretty good chances with this one.
10. "You look like trouble. 😈"
This is an easy line that's slightly flirty and is bound to get a good answer back. You really can't go wrong with a line like this one to get the conversation going!
11. "You must be my Tinderella because I'm going to make that dress disappear at midnight."
Tinderella is basically a real term now, so I'm sure this line isn't completely unique. But it is kind of funny and definitely forward, so you could either get a really good response or the opposite.
12. "I hope you believe in karma because I know a lot of the karma-sutra."
Well, this is definitely forward, but only a little bit creepy, so it's okay to use if that's what you're going for!
1. "I wish I were adenine because then I could get paired with U."
If she knows about science then she'll definitely get this one. But the rundown of this pickup line is that in RNA sequencing, the A (adenine) always pairs with U (uracil). So, voilà, a cute science pickup line!
2. "You must be a small amount of red phosphorus and I must be a tiny wooden stick because we're a match!"
This one isn't that brilliant, but it definitely is nerdy. You can impress her with your knowledge of puns and matches with this.
3. "If I were enzyme, I'd be DNA helicase so I could unzip your jeans."
Honestly, you can't go wrong with more biology and DNA pickup lines, especially if you know the other person is into science or looks like a "nerd." If they are, they'll appreciate a clever pickup line like this.
4. "Did you survive the Avada Kadavra curse? Because you're drop dead gorgeous."
Harry Potter isn't necessarily nerdy since basically everyone has seen all the movies. But throw out a few lines that only came from the books and you'll know she's a keeper for good.
5. "You must be the square root of 2 because I feel irrational around you."
Honestly, you can't go wrong with a good math pun. Even if it's clear she isn't into math, she can easily get where you're going with this pickup line without having to ask for clarification.
6. "I'd like to calculate the slope of those curves."
Make your nerdy pickup line into something more forward with this one. It's taking a math line and adding something a little extra so she won't be able to resist messaging you back to hear more.
7. "Hey, my name's Microsoft. Can I crash at your place tonight?"
Microsoft is notorious for crashing all the time on users; everyone knows this, whether they're a computer nerd or not. This gives her a good laugh and she might actually agree to hang out with you that night.
8. "You must be made of Uranium and Iodine because all I see is U and I together."
Chemistry jokes are basically never ending on the internet, but this one is pretty cute and funny. Everyone loves a clever chemistry pickup line, so why not try this one out?
9. "Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
This one might not be as great on Tinder because you obviously know the person's name. But it's still pretty funny and definitely cute!
10. "Do you have 11 protons? Because you're Sodium fine."
Another amazing chemistry pickup line is this one here. You really can't go wrong with making puns out of the periodic table of elements because they're basically foolproof at this point.
11. "Is there a magnet in here? Because, baby, I'm attracted to you."
It really can't get much cheesier than this line right here. It's definitely a little out there, but who knows, she could appreciate the creative effort you put into it!
12. "70% of the human body is made of water, and I'm thirsty!"
Another great yet cheesy pickup line is this one. It's not overly unique since it's been used a whole lot, but you're probably guaranteed to get a smile and response out of them.