In a statement from the royal family, the Queen has announced Prince Philip's death.
The notice revealed that the Duke of Edinburgh, who would have turned 100 years old this year "passed away peacefully this morning at Windsor Castle."
It is with deep sorrow that Her Majesty The Queen has announced the death of her beloved husband, His Royal Highnes… https://t.co/7cHe9dWPK0— The Royal Family (@The Royal Family) 1617966068.0
Prince Philip was the "beloved husband" of Queen Elizabeth.
He had recently been in the hospital for many weeks after he was reportedly feeling unwell and underwent a procedure on his heart. He had since been released and gone back home.
The statement from the royals says they will join people around the world in mourning this loss and more announcements will come later.
- Lilibet 'Lili' Diana: Here's How The Royal Family Reacted - Narcity ›
- The Queen Declined An 'Oldie Of The Year' Award At 95 Saying 'You Are As Old As You Feel' - Narcity ›
- The Queen Is Taking 2 Weeks Off To Rest & Her Health Issue Is Still A Mystery - Narcity ›
- Queen Elizabeth II Has Died At 96 & The Royal Family Says It Was 'Peaceful' - Narcity ›
- Doug Ford Pays Tribute To Queen Elizabeth II After Her Passing & Says 'Long Live The King' - Narcity ›