"I met Arthur, and I'll tell you he is going to be the future premier."
When announcing that schools would remain closed this academic year, Doug Ford launched into a weird tale about a kid named Arthur.
On Wednesday, the premier revealed that he had received a letter from a boy named Arthur who had asked Ford to let students return to in-person learning.
Ford said that he hopped in his pickup truck to visit the young man and negotiate a deal with him, where schools would remain closed, but a graduation ceremony would be allowed to take place.
"I took it upon myself to hop in my pickup, I drove over to the house and didn't tell him I was coming," Ford stated. "I met Arthur, and I'll tell you he is going to be the future premier."
Of course, it didn't take long for Reddit to take advantage of the bizarre segue by linking it to everyone's favourite childhood aardvark.
Multiple jokes surface throughout the day, including users poking fun at Ford by editing him into a scene where he was watching Arthur for political advice.
Other users even pulled out the old Drake meme to point out the weird tale.
Despite the jokes, Ford has stated that is working to get day camps, sports and other outdoor activities open for kids as "soon as possible."
- Doug Ford Personally Loaded Tons Of Masks In His Pickup Truck To ... ›
- Doug Ford Says Schools Can Host Outdoor Graduations This Year ... ›
- Doug Ford Quotes That We Still Can't Forget From 2020 - Narcity ›
- Toronto Graduations Won't Take Place In-Person This Year - Narcity ›
- Doug Ford Finally Explained Where He's Been After Ontarians Called Him Out For Being MIA - Narcity ›
- A Bizarre Painting Of A 'Nude Doug Ford' Is Selling For Nearly $6,500 & The Artist Shares Why - Narcity ›
- Ford Just Made A Video To Shoutout His Fav Dudes With Moustaches In Case You're Wondering - Narcity ›