"I can't tell you exactly when, but we want to be careful."
One of Ontario's top doctors is giving insight into what the province's reopening could look like when restrictions start to lift.
While there is no set date on when students will be returning to in-person learning, Yaffe reassures that schools will be the first thing to open.
"Keeping in mind that schools would be the first to open among all the things because that is the most important aspect," Yaffe stated when talking about a reopening, "I can't tell you exactly when, but we want to be careful. We don't want to open too soon and close immediately after."
Currently, classes are learning remotely, which is something that will remain an option for students in the upcoming school year even if in-person learning returns.
- Ontario Reopening Plan Apparently Won't Include The Colour-Coded Framework - Narcity ›
- Ontario School Reopening: Toronto Area Is 'Prepared' - Narcity ›
- School Reopenings In Ontario Should Start, Says Advisory Table - Narcity ›
- Ontario Schools Announcement Will Be Made Today By Premier Ford - Narcity ›
- Ontario School Reopening Will Not Happen Until September - Narcity ›
- Doug Ford Says Schools Can Host Outdoor Graduations This Year - Narcity ›
- Ontario Schools Will Have Different Outbreak Rules For Vaccinated Students, Says Doc - Narcity ›
- Ontario Schools Will Have Different Outbreak Rules For Vaccinated Students, Says Doc ›
- Ontario Schools Have Reported Over 100 New Cases Of COVID-19 In Just 1 Day - Narcity ›
- Toronto's Top Doctor Calls For Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccines In Schools For Kids 12 & Up - Narcity ›
- Multiple Ontario Schools Have Shut Down Due To COVID-19 Outbreaks - Narcity ›