Looks like last call is going back to normal!
Patio season is making a comeback as Ontario enters step one of reopening this Friday, June 11. However, there are new rules you should know about before you make your plans.
During step one, only four people will be permitted at one table, however, some exceptions will be made. Premier Ford's director of communications, Ivana Yelich, confirmed to Narcity that more people will be permitted if everyone is from the same household, plus one person who lives alone or a caregiver.
"This would ultimately limit how many people could be on the patio to comply with the distancing and seating requirements," said Yelich.
Despite cutting off liquor sales as early as 9 p.m. at bars and restaurants back in November, Yelich says that restaurant patios can go back to serving liquor based on the regular hours of service of Ontario's Liquor Licence Act Regulations.
Step two of reopening will allow groups of up to six to dine outside together, and outdoor karaoke will also be allowed at this stage, which can begin 21 days after step one at minimum.
The third and final step of the plan will permit indoor dining, buffets and indoor karaoke, with expanded outdoor dining capacity to maintain physical distancing.
- Ontario Reopening Plan: We Answered All Your Questions - Narcity ›
- Toronto Patios Reopening Had People Lining Up At Midnight To ... ›
- Toronto Patios Can Have Live Music This Summer But Only In 3 Areas - Narcity ›
- Patios In Toronto Are Reopening & An Important Reminder Is Going Viral - Narcity ›
- Toronto Patios Open At Midnight To Kick Off Reopening (PHOTOS) - Narcity ›