Beer, baseball tickets, and a better chance of getting a date. 💉
Companies across North America are offering free stuff to people in order to encourage them to get their doses, and some of the treats are certainly enticing.
Whether they're in it for the baseball or the beer, some people are getting more than just protection from COVID-19 with their dose of the vaccine.
Free baseball tickets
Sahlen Field — typically the home of the Buffalo Bisons and the temporary home of the Toronto Blue Jays — is offering a doubly sweet deal. Not only are they offering free vaccinations at the stadium, but you can get a free ticket to a game next year by getting your dose.
One million dollars
Two weeks from tonight on May 26th, we will announce a winner of a separate drawing for adults who have received at… https://t.co/GzLKM22WmC— Governor Mike DeWine (@Governor Mike DeWine) 1620856014.0
Ohio Governor Mike DeWine announced what's likely the biggest vaccine perk — five prizes of $1 million for five lucky, vaccinated residents. Is it a waste of money? "Truly, the real waste at this point in the pandemic -- when the vaccine is readily available to anyone who wants it -- is a life lost to COVID-19," DeWine tweeted.
Free doughnuts for a year
Perhaps one of the earliest and most famous vaccine perks, Krispy Kreme announced anyone with a vaccine card could use it to redeem one free doughnut per day until the end of 2021. The good news? Free doughnuts. The bad news? It's only available at participating stores in the U.S. Maybe next time, Canada.
A free beer
Polarity Brewery in Whitehorse, Yukon, has a deal: you get the shot, they provide the chaser. The brewery is offering a free beer (or at least $6 towards a free beer) if you come in and let them know you've been vaccinated. They must be busy — 75% of residents in the Yukon have had their first vaccine dose, according to officials.
Free tickets to a museum
Kitchener's TheMuseum is another Canadian company offering free stuff for getting vaccinated. Their contribution is free admission in July and August to anyone who gets "JabbedLikeJagger" and wants to check out the Rolling Stones exhibit.
A better chance at going on a date
Several online dating apps are hooking up with the White House in the States to offer perks for their users. Tinder, for instance, lets users add vaccination stickers to their profile and will give them a free super-like as well.
"We have finally found the one thing that makes us all attractive," White House official Andy Slavitt said when announcing the news. "Vaccination."
According to AFP via CTV, some New Yorkers were able to celebrate 4/20 this year with "joints for jabs." It looked like it was a popular offering, according to a video of the scene posted to Instagram. "The line goes around the block," the user captioned the post.
- Ontario COVID-19 Vaccine: Anyone Who Gets A Dose Can Get Free ... ›
- New York's COVID-19 Vaccine Incentives Include Baseball Game ... ›
- The Ohio Vaccine Lottery $1 Million Prize Was Won By A 22-Year-Old - Narcity ›
- California's Vaccine Lottery Has Millions Of Prizes For Residents - Narcity ›
- Vaccine Perks In Canada Now Include Free Harvey's Burgers - Narcity ›
- The First Vaccine Lottery In Canada Has $1.4 Mil Up For Grabs - Narcity ›
- Alberta’s Vaccine Lottery Just Launched With $3 Million In Prizes - Narcity ›
- 6 Travel Perks You'll Get In Canada If You've Been Fully Vaccinated - Narcity ›
- Biden Tells US States To Offer $100 Vaccine Incentive To Unvaxxed Americans - Narcity ›
- You Now Need Proof Of A Vaccine In New York City To Go To Certain Places - Narcity ›
- 6 Things You Won't Be Able To Do In Canada If You're Not Vaccinated Against COVID-19 - Narcity ›