10 people will win $1.5 million each!
A new California vaccine lottery is offering millions of dollars in cash and gift card prizes to residents who have received a COVID-19 vaccine dose.
With Vax for the Win, the state's $116.5 million vaccine incentive program, 10 winners will be chosen on June 15 to get $1.5 million each. On June 4, 15 people will be selected to win $50,000 each and an additional 15 winners will be chosen the next week.
To be eligible for the cash draws, you have to live in California, be 12 years old or older and have received at least a first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. Every Californian who has gotten at least one dose will automatically be entered into the lottery.
And as of May 27, the first two million unvaccinated Californians who start and then complete their COVID-19 vaccination process will receive a $50 gift card.
California isn't the only state holding a vaccine lottery. Ohio is also giving out rewards to those who get a vaccine, and a 22-year-old recently won the first $1 million prize.
- Vaccine Perks Across Canada & The US Include Baseball, Beer ... ›
- Getting A COVID-19 Vaccine At Target Can Earn You Store Credit ... ›
- COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility Extended To All U.S. Adults - Narcity ›
- Vaccine Perks In Canada Now Include Free Harvey's Burgers - Narcity ›
- Vaccine Incentives Now Include Free Joints In Washington State - Narcity ›
- The First Vaccine Lottery In Canada Has $1.4 Mil Up For Grabs - Narcity ›
- A Man Won $10M In The Lottery & Now He’s Going To Jail For First Degree Murder - Narcity ›