Masks and distancing aren't required in some cases!
More and more Canadians are getting their second dose of a vaccine each day, and those people now have answers for the question, "What can I do when I'm fully vaccinated?"
On June 25, the Public Health Agency of Canada put out a chart that outlines the rules for unvaccinated, partially vaccinated and fully vaccinated people when they are in certain settings or doing certain activities.
If you have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days earlier, no mask or physical distancing is required when you're:
- Outdoors with a small group of fully vaccinated people
- Indoors with a small group of fully vaccinated people, or
- Outdoors with people from multiple households who are unvaccinated, partially vaccinated or their vaccination status is unknown
For other situations — including when you're indoors or outdoors in a large crowd and indoors with people from multiple households with different vaccination statuses — it's recommended that fully vaccinated people consider wearing a mask and maintaining physical distancing.
There's also guidance for what unvaccinated and partially vaccinated people can do. When outdoors with a small group of fully vaccinated people, like at a small family BBQ or camping with friends, and when sharing a hug, no masks or physical distancing are necessary if everyone is comfortable with that.
However, in most gathering scenarios with unvaccinated or partially vaccinated people, the Public Health Agency of Canada said masks and distancing are either required or recommended.
- Fully Vaccinated Ontarians Are Getting New Guidelines - Narcity ›
- Rules For Fully Vaccinated People In Canada Allow Hugs With No Masks - Narcity ›
- Ontario's Step Two Of Reopening Has Privileges For Fully Vaccinated People - Narcity ›
- When Will Canada Be Fully Vaccinated? September Goal Being Exceeded - Narcity ›
- Phuket Sandbox Program Is Open To Fully Vaccinated Canadians - Narcity ›
- Those Wearing Masks In Canada Deserve Respect, Dr. Tam Says - Narcity ›
- Fully Vaccinated Canadians: Here's Canada's Guide For Safely Socializing - Narcity ›
- These Toronto Businesses Want You To Know Their Staff Are Fully-Vaccinated - Narcity ›
- Some Fully Vaccinated Canadians Don't Want To Hang With Unvaxxed People - Narcity ›