Canada Is Now ‘Second In The G20’ When It Comes To COVID-19 Vaccine Doses Administered
Here's how Canada is stacking up against 18 other countries & the EU. 💉
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has praised Canada's COVID-19 vaccine distribution, noting that the current rate of vaccination is "going to continue."
Speaking on April 27, the PM took a moment to specifically thank "Generation X" across Canada for stepping up to get vaccine doses over the past week, when COVID-19 vaccine age limits were lowered in some parts of the country.
"Because of the high uptake […] we're now second in the G20 in terms of vaccination doses," Trudeau explained.
The G20 is made up of 19 countries (including Canada) and the European Union.
The prime minister's message was backed by infectious diseases physician Isaac Bogoch from the University of Toronto, who shared data on April 24 showing that "Canada is now consistently ranked #2 among G20 countries for the rate of #COVID19 vaccines administered."
- What To Expect After A COVID-19 Vaccine? Canada Has Advice - Narcity ›
- Mixing COVID-19 Vaccines In Canada Could Happen By The Summer - Narcity ›
- Life After A Vaccine In Canada Roadmap Says What You Can Do - Narcity ›
- Canada’s COVID-19 Death Toll Reached 25K & This Map Shows Where Was Hit Hardest - Narcity ›
- Health Canada Is ‘Still Learning’ If Vaccinated People Can Spread COVID-19 - Narcity ›
- Second COVID-19 Vaccine Doses In BC Can Come Earlier Than Plannned - Narcity ›
- Mixing & Matching COVID-19 Vaccines Is Safe Says Canada's Top Docs - Narcity ›
- Ontario's COVID-19 Vaccine Schedule Could Push Second Doses Faster - Narcity ›