As of now, COVID-19 in Edmonton accounts for over half of Alberta's cases. \nOn Thursday, October 15, the City of Edmonton sent out a news release detailing some "new measures" they are imposing to "combat COVID-19." \n“We continue to be concerned by the continuing increase in case numbers. We need all Edmontonians to adhere to the health precautions and practise them daily to prevent COVID-19 case numbers from increasing any further,” said Interim City Manager Adam Laughlin. \nEditor's Choice: Edmonton Is Getting A Magical 115,000-Square-Foot Christmas Light Drive-Thru Next Month\n\n\n1,249\n\n\nCOVID-19 Cases In Edmonton on October 15\n\n\n\nAccording to data from the Government of Alberta, there are currently 2,738 cases in the entire province. \nEdmonton's new measures are quite specific, impacting mainly recreation facilities and transit services. \nThey will be changing the way spectators can be present at recreational activities and cancelling social event rentals at recreation centres, too. \nAs for transit, there will be "adjustments to ETS service levels, including school service, to support physical distancing and gathering restrictions," said the release. \nThese are just a couple of examples of the new measures Edmontonians will now be subject to on top of the "additional monitoring and enforcement of public compliance" that was announced last week by Alberta's top doc, Dr. Deena Hinshaw.