EN - News

Nearly Half Of Americans Want Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson To Run For President

Many also seem to support Matthew McConaughey's potential political run in Texas.
Nearly Half Of Americans Want Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson To Run For President

Some of Hollywood's biggest names have a history of dipping into politics, and one of today's most popular stars might have his eyes on the White House.

A recent poll done by Piplsay asked 30,138 people if they would vote for WWE legend Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson if he ran for president, while also asking if they would support Interstellar star Matthew McConaughey if he ran for Texas governor.

Editor's Choice: Caitlyn Jenner Might Be Running For California Governor This Year

The Oscar-winning actor recently called running for Texas governor "a true consideration," while the retired pro-wrestler said in an interview with USA Today that he would run for president if the people wanted him to.

The poll found that 12% of people only support McConaughey's possible run, while 17% would only like to see Johnson's candidacy.

But 29% actually support both potential candidates, meaning 58% of people would like to see either both or just one of them take political office, while the other 42% believe they should stay out of it or are not sure.

Hey, look at Paul Rudd. Look at him! Who would've thought he'd be the sexiest guy on the planet? Not me!

People Magazine has named Paul Rudd as the Sexiest Man Alive for 2021, and the ageless actor says he's absolutely going to let it change him.

Keep Reading Show less

Doug Ford announced last week that enforcement will be ramping up under Ontario's stay-at-home order

Focusing mostly on public gatherings, officers will be issuing tickets to people who aren't following the rules.

Keep Reading Show less

On Monday, April 19, John Horgan announced that new B.C. travel restrictions will come into effect on Friday, April 23, to eliminate non-essential travel. 

During the announcement, Horgan mentioned "random audits" in the form of roadside stops to ensure people aren't leaving their heath regions.

Keep Reading Show less