Over 20 Metro Products Have Just Been Recalled Due To Salmonella Including Meat & Veggies
As of November 28, the Government of Canada has issued a Metro brand recall for a number of products that were distributed in Ontario on account of possible Salmonella contamination.
The products include several proteins such as ham, fish, and pork as well as some salads and four different juices.
If you feel sick after consuming one of these products, you're advised to call your doctor. Otherwise, you should check for the products in your home and either throw them out or return them to where you bought them.
The recall includes all units sold up to and including November 27.
Young children, pregnant women, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems may contract serious and sometimes deadly infections.
Government of Canada
"Healthy people may experience short-term symptoms such as fever, headache, vomiting, nausea, abdominal cramps and diarrhea. Long-term complications may include severe arthritis," the recall notice outlines.
Apparently, Salmonella doesn't always make food look or smell spoiled, so it can be hard to detect.
The products included in this recall are as follows:
- Fresh 2 Go Black Forest Ham Pinwheel
- Beef Inside Round Alouette Stfd W/Spinach/Swiss Cheese
- Pork Loin Center Pinwheel Spinach Pepper Cheese
- Pork Loin Centre Chops Boneless W/Spinach/Cheese
- Salmon Torenado (two different skus)
- Rainbow Trout Stuffed With Vegetable & Cheese (two different skus)
- Haddock Vegetable Tournedos
- Haddock Vegetable Cheese Tournedos
- Cod Vegetable Roast
- Cod Vegetable/ Cheese Tournedos
- Tilapia Roast Stuffed Vegetable /Cheese
- Tilapia Roast Stuffed With Vegetable & Cheese
- Spinach-Fruit Salad W/Nuts
- Spinach and Fruit Salad Supersize 400G with Nuts
- Tropical Green Juice 350mls
- Tropical Green Juice 500mls
- Hawaiian Green Juice 350mls
- Hawaiian Green Juice 500mls
There have already been illnesses reported as a result of consuming the above products.
Be sure to take a sweep of your fridge and pantry just to be safe!
This article's cover photo is for illustrative purposes only.