It's to help travellers whose vaccination status isn't recognized in other countries.👇
The Quebec government is offering third doses of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines to residents who want to travel to places that don't currently recognize their vaccination status.
The province made the decision after it became clear that some countries do not consider people with mixed vaccine doses or COVISHIELD doses to be fully vaccinated.
A number of cruise ships have also stated that they will not accept passengers who've had mix and match doses.
While it will be possible for wannabe travellers to get a third vaccine dose in Quebec, officials say it's up to the individual to seek appropriate advice and consider the risks.
The administration of an additional dose is "an exceptional measure for people who have an essential planned trip outside the country, in the short term, and who must meet vaccination requirements."
It's also worth noting that Canada's National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI) says there is "currently no evidence on the need for booster doses of COVID-19 vaccine after the vaccine series is complete."
Earlier this year, NACI said mixing and matching COVID-19 vaccine doses is both safe and effective.
According to the federal government's latest data, over 3.5 million Canadians have received mixed doses.
*This article's cover image is for illustrative purposes only.
Health Canada has a robust website with all the latest information on the vaccines and can answer any questions you may have. Click here for more information.
- Canadians Who Received Covishield May Be Ineligible For EU ... ›
- Some Cruises Say They Won't Accept People With Mix & Match ... ›
- Canadians Who Got Mixed Vaccines May Not Be Seen As 'Fully ... ›
- COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Doses Should Be Stopped Now, WHO Says - Narcity ›
- These Places Won’t Accept Canadians Due To Their COVID-19 Vaccine - Narcity ›
- COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Doses: Here's What You Need To Know - Narcity ›
- Third Doses Of COVID-19 Vaccines Are Now Available In Multiple Provinces - Narcity ›
- Canada Has Secured Enough Booster Doses For The 'Coming Months & Years' - Narcity ›
- Saskatchewan Is Offering Extra Vaccine Doses To Some People & This Is Why - Narcity ›
- Canada Wants The US & Other Countries To Accept Mixed Vaccine Doses So Canadians Can Travel ›