Barrie Is Now The Most Expensive Place To Rent In Ontario & It Even Beat Out Toronto
Living in the 6ix suddenly doesn't look so bad.
If you're one of the many people thinking about fleeing Toronto rent prices for something cheaper, you're probably going to want to stay away from Barrie.
The city's one-bedroom rent climbed up to a whopping 4.8% with a median of $1,730. This beat Toronto, which is currently sitting at $1,710 for a one-bedroom.
However, if you're looking to rent a two-bedroom in the 6ix, it is slightly more expensive at $2,200, while Barrie sits at a median of $1,920.
"For the first time ever, Toronto fell out of the top 2 markets to rank as the 4th most expensive city. Toronto one-bedroom rent experienced the largest monthly decline in the country, dropping 5% to $1,710, which is the lowest it's been since February 2017," an excerpt from the report reads.
Currently, the most expensive spots to rent in all of Canada for a one-bedroom are as follows:
- Vancouver, BC
- Burnaby, BC
- Barrie, ON
- Toronto, ON
- Victoria, BC
- Toronto's Rent Prices For Smaller Units Have Plummeted Almost 23 ... ›
- Toronto Rent Prices Keep Dropping & Some Condo Apartments Are ... ›
- Toronto's Rent Prices Broken Down By Neighbourhood Show The ... ›
- Some Of The Cheapest Rent In Ontario Can Now Be Found In These 6 Cities - Narcity ›
- An Apartment Listing In Barrie Allegedly Specified That It Was For Unvaxxed Renters Only (PHOTO) - Narcity ›
- These 7 Ontario Cities Made The Top 10 For Most Expensive Rent In Canada RN - Narcity ›
- The Average Rent In Toronto Just Plummeted & These Units Are A Lot Cheaper Now - Narcity ›
- Toronto's Average Rental Price Went Up 11% This February & Things Just Got So Expensive - Narcity ›