Toronto is a hub for all sorts of delicious ice cream treats in the summer. From colourful cones to decadent sundaes, there are tons of places to indulge your sweet tooth. Now there's a new ice cream treat in town, and it's far from ordinary. You can eat lunch and dessert at the same time with Toronto's chicken ice cream sandwich.
When you picture an ice cream sandwich, images of soft cookies and sprinkles might come to mind.
Tokyo Hot Fried Chicken has taken the ice cream sandwich concept quite literally with their latest creation.
You can get an actual chicken sandwich stuffed with scoops of this frozen dessert.
Dubbed the Nashville Ice, this unusual dish officially makes it acceptable to eat ice cream for lunch.
Battered spicy chicken is topped with gourmet vanilla ice cream, drizzled with spicy honey, and served on a sweet brioche bun.
"We were sad about the CNE not being around this year and it's where our roots are!" the venue said in an Instagram post. "So we decided to bring the whacky creation to you!"
The restaurant also mentioned that this invention will be the first of several unique creations to be released over the summer.
We may not be able to go to the Ex this year, but at least we can still bite into some crazy dishes.
This isn't the only spot to fill up on outrageous eats in the city.
El Mercado, a new social distancing market, is serving up some strange treats like pickle soft-serve and fish-head tacos.
Another must-try ice cream sandwich is Milkcow's iconic soft-serve stuffed watermelon.
This fresh treat features a mountain of pink soft serve inside a slice of watermelon.
Next time you're feeling hungry, why not try something completely out of the ordinary with this sweet sandwich?
You won't even need to worry about ordering dessert!
Address: 928 College St., Toronto, ON
Why You Need To Go: Indulge in this unique fried chicken sandwich loaded with sweet vanilla ice cream.
- Toronto Ice Cream Shop Has Boozy Pints And Dessert Cocktails - Narcity ›
- Scoops Ahoy Ice Cream In Toronto Has Delicious Cookie Cones - Narcity ›
- New Ice Cream In Toronto That Isn't Just A Regular Cone - Narcity ›
- Toronto's Free Ice Cream Sundaes Are The Sweetest Summer Deal - Narcity ›
- The Milkman Creamery Near Toronto Has 14 Level Ice Cream Cones - Narcity ›
- Toronto's New Fried Chicken Sandwich Has A Secret Ingredient & Your Inner Child Will Approve - Narcity ›
- Toronto Has A 16-Course Gelato Tasting & It's Every Sweet Lover's Dream Come True - Narcity ›
- You Can Get $1 Ice Cream From This Toronto Chicken Spot & It's Not Your Usual Dessert - Narcity ›
- You Can Get Free Ice Cream In Toronto This Weekend & Here's Where - Narcity ›