Here Are All The Essential Workers Who Can Get Vaccines First In Ontario
Starting in April 2021, the list of workers eligible for the COVID-19 vaccines in Ontario is getting expanded.
Phase 2 of the province's rollout includes vaccinating "essential frontline workers," and the province has provided a handy list of all applicable professions.
The second phase is scheduled to take place between April and July 2021, depending on vaccine availability.
Seniors, people with high-risk chronic conditions, and essential caregivers will be eligible to receive the vaccine as of April, as will the following workers:
- Elementary and secondary school staff
- Police, fire, compliance, funeral, special constables and other workers responding to critical events
- Childcare and licenced foster care workers
- Food manufacturing workers
- Agriculture and farm workers
- High-risk and critical retail workers in grocery stores and pharmacies
- Remaining manufacturing labourers
- Social workers, including youth justice
- Courts and justice system workers, including probation and parole
- Lower-risk retail workers (wholesalers, general goods)
- Transportation, warehousing and distribution
- Energy, telecom (data and voice), water and wastewater management
- Financial services
- Waste management
- Mining, oil and gas workers