International travellers will be able to use them to enter Canada this summer!👇✈️
Canada's runways are about to get busier! Starting August 9, five Canadian airports will resume accepting international flights as part of the government's plan to restart travel.
In an announcement on Monday, July 19, federal officials confirmed that international flights carrying passengers will soon be permitted to land at nine Canadian airports in total.
The five new additions to the approved list are: Halifax Stanfield International Airport; Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport; Ottawa Macdonald–Cartier International Airport; Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport; and Edmonton International Airport.
This is in addition to the four Canadian airports that have continued to accept international flights throughout the pandemic: Toronto Pearson International Airport; Montréal—Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport; Calgary International Airport; and Vancouver International Airport.
The Public Health Agency of Canada, the Canada Border Services and Transport Canada say they're working together to "implement the measures necessary to safely welcome international passengers as soon as possible after August 9, as conditions dictate."
On August 9, fully vaccinated American citizens and permanent residents will also be permitted to enter Canada for non-essential purposes, such as travel.
A month or so later, on September 7, fully vaccinated travellers from other countries around the world will be allowed to enter, as long as Canada's COVID-19 situation remains "favourable."
Before you get going, check our Responsible Travel Guide so you can be informed, be safe, be smart, and most of all, be respectful on your adventure.
- Canada's Travel Rules Are Avoided By Some Private Planes From ... ›
- Canada's New Travel Restrictions Are Causing Confusion Already ... ›
- Canada's Travel Restrictions Were Updated & Here's What You Need To Know - Narcity ›
- Canada's Travel Rules Are Changing On August 9 & Here Are The Details - Narcity ›
- 6 Things To Remember When Travelling Through A Canadian Airport - Narcity ›
- Ottawa Airport Sees The Most Passengers Of The Year & Is Working On More Direct Flights - Narcity ›
- Ottawa Airport Bounces Back To More Than Half Of Its Passengers Since The Pandemic Hit - Narcity ›