"Let me just pick that name off the floor!"
Chatting to English radio station Capital FM on the day Adele's new single dropped, the English singer-songwriter talked about Drake listening to the new music a while back and answering the question of whether the rest of the world wanted to hear it.
"I played it to Drake, maybe last year when he was in town," Adele told the hosts, answering the question of who had already heard her new music. "I'm like, 'Do you think this is what people want, or not want?"
"And he said, 'absolutely,'" she said, moments before she was absolutely roasted for her casual Drake namedrop.
"Sorry, let me just pick that name off the floor!" she laughed.
Adele also called Drake her "mate" and said the Canadian rapper was "incredible and amazing," and we agree — if for no other reason that he encouraged Adele to bless us with another hit.
This isn't the first time the pair have been chummy, either. Drake posted about Adele's new song on Instagram ("One of my best friends in the world just dropped a single," he wrote), and back in 2019, the duo reportedly went on a (platonic) date in L.A.
That's all well and good, but when's the collab?!
- Drake And Adele Went On What Might Be The Weirdest Date Of ... ›
- Adele Says She Gets The Same McDonald's Order At Least Once A Week Like An Absolute Legend - Narcity ›
- Adele Has A Framed Photo Of Chewed-Up Gum From Celine Dion & It's Her 'Proudest Possession' - Narcity ›
- Drake Was Just Gifted The Same Rolls Royce He Used To Rent To 'Keep Up Appearances' - Narcity ›
- Adele Decided To Crash A Drag Show In London & She Even Showed Off Her Pole-Dancing Skills - Narcity ›