We're not crying. You're crying!
Adele is back with her first new music in six years after a big divorce, and she's ready to make you feel all the things.
The heartbreak queen just dropped "Easy On Me," the first single from her upcoming album 30, and fans are already calling it classic Adele.
She promised earlier this month that the album would explain her recent divorce to her son, and the first song definitely goes there.
"Go easy on me baby, I was still a child," she sings in the soulful piano ballad. "Didn't get the chance to feel the world around me. Had no chance to choose what I chose to do."
Adele - Easy On Me (Official Video) Adele | YouTube
The music video shows Adele leaving a run-down and closed-up home in the country before driving off with a wagon full of her stuff in the back. Newlyweds and happy couples blast past her on the road while she surfs her hand through the wind, all while pages of music go flying out the back of her car.
Oh, and she does the "singing on a chair" thing again, this time in the cluttered and deserted home that she's leaving.
#Adele #EasyOnMe who are you? i’m you but stronger https://t.co/9BeFKw43ai— Oliver🧣 (@Oliver🧣) 1634253416.0
Adele finalized her divorce from Simon Konecki in March. She recently told Vanity Fair that she ended the relationship because it felt like she was "going through the motions."
You can hear a lot of that in the lyrics of "Easy On Me" and it's got fans feeling all the feels.
adele’s song being called easy on me is ironic because she did in fact NOT go easy on me https://t.co/WUaB5zwCnG— ︎joe (@︎joe) 1634278329.0
"There ain't no room for things to change when we are so deeply stuck in our ways," she sings. "I changed who I was to put you both first but now I give up."
Her new album is due out on November 19.
Adele pretended to freak out in a recent radio interview when the host told her that Ed Sheeran is dropping his album in the same week.
Adele on dropping music at the same time as Ed Sheeran: Panic??? HE can panic!!! The one and only real UK baddie!!! https://t.co/9TcvrMBFvr— george (@george) 1634288231.0
"Don't panic," the host says.
"He can panic!" she replies.
- Drake And Adele Went On What Might Be The Weirdest Date Of ... ›
- Adele Opened Up About Weight Loss, Alcohol & Her Divorce In Her ... ›
- Adele Says She Gets The Same McDonald's Order At Least Once A Week Like An Absolute Legend - Narcity ›
- Adele's 'Easy On Me' Bloopers Reel Just Dropped & It's As Hilarious As You'd Expect (VIDEO) - Narcity ›
- Adele Told Oprah How Much Weight She Lost & She Was Brutally Honest About Body Positivity - Narcity ›
- Adele's Former English Teacher Surprised Her At A Show & The Singer's Reaction Is So Pure - Narcity ›