Mobile sign in image
Sign in
EN - News

An Indonesian Plane Went M.I.A After Take-Off With More Than 60 People Possibly On Board

It was also apparently raining when the aircraft took flight.
An Indonesian Plane Went M.I.A After Take-Off With More Than 60 People Possibly On Board

An Indonesian plane said to be carrying 62 people is missing in action after it took off and then was not heard from again.

The plane in question which is a Boeing 737-500, carrying Sriwijaya Air flight SJ182, departed Saturday, as reported by Reuters

Editor's Choice: Canada Has Numbers On How Many People Had Adverse Reactions To The COVID-19 Vaccine

62 People reportedly on board Flight SJ182

The aircraft was also headed to the city of Pontianak in the province of West Kalimantan before its signal went quiet.

Flightradar24, a well-known tracking service, took to Twitter and said that the plane lost a ton of altitude within seconds.

It was apparently also raining at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport when the plane first took off.

As it stands now, the airline is working around the clock to get more details on what exactly happened. 

Per the report, a rescue agency official said that the search and rescue team working on the case found debris in the water that could belong to the plane. It has still not yet been confirmed. 

There were reportedly 56 passengers on the flight, including 10 children. Local media also said there were six crew members on board too.

*Cover photo used for illustrative purposes.

Ontario Provincial Police, Ontario Provincial Police

A tranquil paddle through the lake turned into a terrifying incident this weekend in Muskoka.

On August 15, a couple was canoeing around 2:30 p.m. on the Trans Canada Bay of Six Mile Lake when a small floatplane started hurdling towards them, according to an OPP news release.

Keep Reading Show less

Doug Ford announced last week that enforcement will be ramping up under Ontario's stay-at-home order

Focusing mostly on public gatherings, officers will be issuing tickets to people who aren't following the rules.

Keep Reading Show less

On Monday, April 19, John Horgan announced that new B.C. travel restrictions will come into effect on Friday, April 23, to eliminate non-essential travel. 

During the announcement, Horgan mentioned "random audits" in the form of roadside stops to ensure people aren't leaving their heath regions.

Keep Reading Show less