Georgians Are Getting Another Relief Check & Here’s How You Qualify For $350
The money comes from a $1.2B distribution plan. 💵
New plans have been announced to give $1.2 billion of federal COVID relief funds to people who live in Georgia and need it the most.
More than 3 million locals receiving state benefits will be given $350 leftover from the American Rescue Plan passed in 2021.
In order to qualify, you must receive assistance from Medicaid, food stamps, cash welfare assistance, or subsidized health insurance for children.
"This assistance will help some of Georgia’s most vulnerable citizens cope with the continued negative economic impact of the COVID-19 public health emergency and 40-year-high inflation caused by disastrous policies that were implemented by the Biden administration," Georgia Governor Brian Kemp's office wrote in a statement on August 15.
WJCL reported that the payments are projected to roll out in September 2022, according to the governor's spokesperson Katie Byrd.
Governor Kemp announced the plan on Monday. Currently, he has sole control over how COVID-19 relief funds are allocated, though his gubernatorial race against Democratic candidate, Stacey Abrams, continues to be neck-and-neck.
Bloomberg writes that a spokesperson from the Abrams campaign, Alex Floyd, called Kemp's handouts a "PR stunt," in an email. Floyd said, "Georgians need a real leader, not more election-year vote-buying schemes."
This is not the first time cash bonus Georgians have received during the election year. Governor Kemp recently announced the distribution of another stimulus check.
This year's race for Georgia Governor is one of the most anticipated in the country. Voting will take place on Tuesday, November 8.
- Georgia Residents Are Getting Another Stimulus Check & Here's ... ›
- Florida Has Become The US' Least Affordable State & Here's The ... ›
- Rental Prices Are Skyrocketing In These Southern Cities, Here's ... ›
- So Many States Are Sending Out Another Round Of Stimulus Checks & Here’s How To Get Yours - Narcity ›
- Here’s How Georgia Residents Can Claim Their $350 Relief Check If You Haven’t Yet - Narcity ›
- California Residents Are Receiving Another Stimulus Check & Here’s How To Check On Yours - Narcity ›
- South Carolinians Can Get A Stimulus Check For $800 & Here's How You Can Qualify - Narcity ›