Next time you go to read a book, don't reach for the microwave.
The Guelph Public Library is now warning residents to not microwave their books to stop the spread of COVID-19.
They also state that this method shouldn't be used if you're trying to dry out a book you accidentally got wet.
"Please DO NOT microwave your books to dry them or prevent the spread of COVID-19," the statement reads.
Instead, the library is reminding that they follow a variety of measures to ensure everyone's safety, including putting reading material in a 72-hour quarantine.
On Facebook, the company posted a photo of a book with burn marks on the pages to show the consequences of using your kitchen appliances.
This isn't the first time that Ontarians have been warned about the dangers of using a microwave for non-food related products.
Back in May, the province's fire marshal asked residents to not microwave any face masks to try and decontaminate them.