Sign in
EN - News

Ford Will Apparently Announce More Restrictions In Ontario Tomorrow

Another lockdown could be on the table.

With cases continuing to rise, the premier says that residents can expect another announcement about an Ontario lockdown or additional restrictions. 

Ford told reporters that he would make a decision on potential new measures on Thursday, saying he was concerned with the number and demographic of people in Ontario's ICUs, reports 680News.

Editor's Choice: April 1st Will Be A Snowy Mess In Ontario With Up To 15 cm Expected In Some Spots

"I did it before, I’ll do it again," Ford said. "Without people’s health, we won’t have an economy."

Ford said on Tuesday that he "won't hesitate" to shut things down again — while he didn't specify what measures he was considering, he said that "everything is on the table." 

Ontario's cases, hospitalizations, and ICU admissions are now higher than where they were when the province-wide shutdown happened in December.

Stay Informed
Get Toronto's latest and greatest stories every day straight to your inbox.

As Premier Doug Ford continues to urge residents to get vaccinated so Ontario can finally move out of step three of the provincial reopening plan, his daughter Krista Ford Haynes has taken to her Instagram account to share her thoughts on COVID-19 vaccines.

"This is what I got in the mail today, so I'm going to read it to y'all," Premier Ford's eldest daughter said in the video before she flashed the informational COVID-19 flyer to the camera.

Keep Reading Show less

Ontario is set to enter the final phase of its three-step reopening plan on July 21, but what happens beyond step three is still TBD.

Premier Doug Ford was asked about the province's plans during a news conference on Monday, and he said that the details will be unveiled over the next few weeks.

Keep Reading Show less

An Ontario pub isn't taking Doug Ford's decision to keep restaurants closed lightly — in fact, it's sending him a bill.

The Nelson Street Pub, located in Pembroke, Ontario, called on the provincial government to reopen patios while revealing an invoice addressed to the premier.

Keep Reading Show less

Ontario Doctors Are Slamming Ford's COVID-19 Restrictions & Say More Needs To Be Done

Doctors are saying restrictions are "deliberately harmful" and "criminal."

Ontario doctors are now challenging the Ford government's latest stay-at-home orders.

Last week, Doug Ford announced that the stay-at-home order would be extended for an additional two weeks, and more restrictions, such as increased enforcement and the shuttering of golf courses would be put in place. 

Keep Reading Show less