Ontario's Reopening Plan Will Be Revealed 'Very Soon,' Says Top Doctor
The plan will reportedly be "sector specific."
As COVID-19 cases continue to drop, one of the province's top doctors has revealed that Ontario's reopening plan is on the way.
According to CP24, Christine Elliott, minister of health, told reporters on Tuesday that the plan will be coming "very soon."
"We have been working with the chief medical officer of health and the medical experts on a safe and careful reopening of Ontario because the last thing we want is to go into it too quickly and to get into a fourth wave. We have to do everything we can to avoid that so we are working on that and we expect it will be available very soon," Elliott said.
"It is sector specific looking at what different types of sectors could perhaps be reopened and what their specific needs and timelines are."
All of Ontario is in a stay-at-home order, which is currently set to end on June 2.
Earlier this week, Elliott revealed that outdoor activities, such as golf courses and tennis courts, could see themselves open up "on or before" the end of the order.
Ontario's stay-at-home order could last until the province hits under 1,000 cases a day
While the stay-at-home order is set to end on June 2, it could be extended depending on case numbers.
Dr. David Williams, Ontario's chief medical officer of health, had revealed earlier this month that the order may not be lifted until the province sees below 1,000 new cases a day.
Currently, Ontario is still reporting well over this number. On Tuesday, 1,616 new cases were reported across the province.
However, these are the lowest numbers reported since the end of March.
- Ontario's Reopening Plan Should Happen As Soon As Possible ... ›
- Ontario Golf Courses Reopening Plans Will Reportedly Be ... ›
- Ontario's Reopening Plan May Be Announced Thursday, Reports Say - Narcity ›
- Ontario Reopening Plan Was Just Revealed & Here's What You Need To Know - Narcity ›
- Ontario Reopening Plan: Here's What's Included In Step 1 - Narcity ›
- Ontario's Reopening Plan Shows What Restaurants & Bars Will Look Like - Narcity ›
- Ontario Reopening Plan: We Answered All Your Questions - Narcity ›