Ontario Will Officially Move Into Step 2 Of Reopening On Wednesday
You can finally get your hair cut!
It's official! The Ontario government just announced that the province will be moving into step two of its reopening plan next week.
According to a press release, residents will finally be able to gather indoors, visit hair salons and more as of 12:01 a.m. on Wednesday, June 30.
However, the Region of Waterloo will be left behind during this reopening. In a statement from the region, it was revealed due to high numbers of the Delta variant, step two will be delayed.
According to the government, the rest of the province will be moving to step two days ahead of schedule due to "the record-setting success of our vaccine rollout."
The province may remain in step two for approximately 21 days before moving into step three.
What is open under step two?
Under step two, residents can gather outdoors with up to 25 people and gather indoors with up to five people.
On top of that, personal care services, such as hair and nail salons, will also be able to reopen.
Shops will be able to remain open at a larger capacity and indoor religious services, weddings and more can operate at 25% capacity.
Outdoor amusement parks, such as Canada's Wonderland, and shopping malls will also be able to open their doors.
- Ford Says Ontario Will Move Into Stage 2 Of Reopening 'Very Soon' ›
- Ontario Reopening Plan Was Just Revealed & Here's What You ... ›
- Waterloo Step 2 Might Not Happen With The Rest Of The Province ... ›
- Toronto Live Sporting Events Return On July 1 & That's Just The Start - Narcity ›
- Ontario Step 2 Starts Tomorrow & Here's What You Need To Know - Narcity ›
- Ontario Step 2 Starts Wednesday & Here's What You Need To Know - Narcity ›