Ahead of his emergency meeting today with Ontario's top doctors and hospital leaders, Ford said that nothing is off the table in terms of increased restrictions.
Everything is on the table when it comes to protecting the health of Ontarians.
Several sources have confirmed to the outlet that the lockdown would begin on December 26 and end on January 11.
The proposed lockdown would be similar to the post-Christmas shutdown announced in Quebec.
The details will reportedly be discussed in Friday's cabinet meeting; however, the sources say that it's unlikely that an announcement will come before Monday.*
One source told CBC that this would include schools in southern Ontario, meaning that in-person classes will not resume until the lockdown is lifted.
It's been reported that Education Minister Stephen Lecce has already contacted schools about the possibility of remote-only learning after the holiday break.
This comes as the Ontario Hospital Association urged the province to enforce more lockdowns in order to prevent a "devastating surge in COVID-19 patients."
Earlier this week, Minister Christine Elliott called Ontario's record-breaking case numbers "concerning," and said that solutions are being worked on to curb the trends.
*This article has been updated.