Toronto's 'Prime' House Prices Jumped Higher Than Any Other City In The World This Year So FML
Good luck with that down payment.
Take a moment of silence for all the prospective homeowners in Toronto, as the city tops the charts for the world's fastest-rising home prices.
A new Prime Global Cities Index by real estate agency Knight Frank ranks Toronto in the number one spot for rising prime house prices out of 46 global cities. The agency defines a "prime" property as "the most desirable and expensive property in a given location, generally defined as the top 5% of each market by value."
Toronto's prime price growth in the 12 months leading up to the end of June 2021 was 27% and according to the report was "driven by strong buyer appetite and low inventory levels."
From Q1 2021 to Q2 2021, Toronto saw a three-month price increase of 15.5% and was the only city listed to have double-digit growth in a three-month period.
Across North America, the average annual increase of prime prices was 16%, so it's safe to say everyone is feeling the housing heat.
A recent report by Zoocasa says that the average price for a home in the GTA is expected to rise to $1,114,387 by October.
The top ten cities listed by annual percent change in the Prime Global Cities Index are as follows:
- Toronto, North America (27%)
- Shanghai, Asia (21.4%)
- Guangzhou, Asia (19.8%)
- Seoul, Asia (19.6%)
- Miami, North America (18.7%)
- Moscow, Russia & CIS (17.6%)
- Los Angeles, North America (17.5%)
- San Francisco, North America (17.1%)
- Vancouver, North America (16.6%)
- Taipei, Asia (14.9%)
- Average Cost Of A Detached Toronto House Will Likely Be $3.5 ... ›
- Toronto's Unaffordable Housing Is Among The World's Worst: 2021 ... ›
- Toronto's Housing Bubble Is The Worst In North America - Narcity ›
- Toronto House Prices Just Hit A New Record & The Lack Of Housing Is At 'Critical Juncture' - Narcity ›
- Toronto House Prices Just Hit A New Record & Good Luck If You're In The GTA - Narcity ›
- Toronto's Townhouse Condos In The Suburbs Are So Hard To Buy RN & Here's Why - Narcity ›
- Toronto Was Just Named One Of The Least-Affordable Cities In North America & RIP Your Wallet - Narcity ›
- First-Time Toronto Homebuyers Are Getting $130K From Their Parents To Afford Down Payments - Narcity ›
- House Prices In The GTA Have Officially Broken Another Record & It's Not For Being Cheap - Narcity ›
- Ontario’s Cheapest Spots To Buy A Home In 2022 Were Released & Some Are Still Expensive - Narcity ›
- Toronto's Real Estate Market Is Not In A 'Bubble' & It Might Not Cool Off For A While - Narcity ›
- 6 Good Reasons Millennials Should Ghost Toronto To Own Way Cheaper Homes In The Bahamas - Narcity ›
- Here's What Canadian Homebuyers Can Expect With The Housing Market Over The Next 5 Years ›
- Here Are 16 GTA Spots That Have Higher Average Home Prices Than Toronto - Narcity ›
- Toronto Homes Prices Are Expected To Drop In 2023 & Here's How Much It'll Cost You - Narcity ›
- Toronto Home Prices Are Expected To Drop In 2023 & Here's What You Can Expect - Narcity ›
- Someone Showed How Much Toronto Home Prices Have Gone Up In 10 Years & People Are So Bummed - Narcity ›